MUNRO TOWNSHIP BOARD MEETING
May 10, 2005
PRESENT: Antkoviak, Ginop, Dotski, Tracey, Mandrick
OTHERS PRESENT: Walter Nows, Paul Nows, Frank Spezia, Richard Buehler, Don Rader, Ed Ginop, Quinter and Jackie Burnett
The meeting was called to order by Supervisor Antkoviak at the township hall at 7:30 p.m.
Pledge to the flag was recited.
MINUTES: Motion by Tracey, supported by Dotski to accept the April 12, 2005 minutes. Motion carried.
Supervisor Charles Antkoviak experienced a house fire on April 12, 2005. Some of the township records stored in his basement office were either destroyed or damaged.
- Dan Nieland, township auditor, is presenting a seminar to better understand the changes in government accounting standards for all future financial statements and audits. Meeting will be held at Mulliganís on May 18th at 7:00 p.m.
- Cheboygan County Road Commission would like to know how much gravel the township has.
Richard Buehler reported that the road commission put deep ditches along side of Hayward Road.
BILLS: Mandrick made the motion to pay the monthly bills amounting to $35,668.26, supported by Tracey. Motion carried.
Antkoviak will check with Stanís Electric bill about fixing the outside light on the fire hall.
- Cemetery clean up bee will be held Saturday, May 21st at 3:00 p.m. Everyone is welcome to help clean up the cemetery. After the clean up there will be a pot luck dinner at the township hall.
- Paul Nows said after he gets an estimate on the cost to resurface Silver Strand Road, he will get a petition circulated. Attorney, Tim MacArthur, will draw up a petition for the Silver Strand project.
- Ginop reported that the Munro Garden Club would like to start their first project by planting flowers/shrubs at the fire hall on Levering Road. Ginop asked if the township would pay for some soaking hoses and a timer so the plants could be automatically watered.
- Antkoviak ordered brine again for dust control this year. Paul Nows suggests that the roads be graded before they spread the brine.
Mandrick made the motion to adjourn the meeting, supported by Tracey. The meeting was adjourned at 8:10 p.m.
Linda N. Ginop
Munro Township Clerk