MUNRO TOWNSHIP BOARD MEETING
June 14, 2005
PRESENT: Antkoviak, Ginop, Dotski, Mandrick ABSENT: Tracey
OTHERS PRESENT: Walter Nows, Paul Nows, Frank Spezia, Jackie Burnett, Ed Ginop, Ann and Thomas Chastain.
Supervisor Antkoviak called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m. Pledge to the flag was recited.
MINUTES: Mandrick made the motion to accept the May 12, 2005 minutes, supported by Antkoviak.
GUEST SPEAKER – Mr. Adam Schubel of the Michigan Ground Water Stewardship Project spoke about homeowners, especially lake front property owners can better manage their land, septic, garden and well water.
- The Cheboygan County Tax Allocation Board allocated the township 1 (one) mill for operating.
- Public hearing for the Michigan Public Service Commission
PAYMENT OF BILLS: Mandrick made the motion to pay the bills amounting to $8,191.81, supported by Ginop.
- The township roads were dust controlled this week.
- Antkoviak went down to Indian River to speak to the County Road Commission about getting an estimate for Silver Strand Road. Ginop’s letter from April was on file at their office.
- The Munro Lake Garden Club is landscaping the fire hall on Levering Road. Ladies would like to water the plants often; the township said earlier that the soaking hoses and automatic sprinkler timers could be purchased.
- Thomas and Ann Chastain of 10799 E. Munro Lake Drive requested a one parcel split off their parent parcel # 080-009-200-001-01. Ginop stated she had a problem with a house being built too close to the road. The road is a private drive. Ginop said that in the future that private road could be turned over to the County and building a house too close to the road could cause problems later. Antkoviak made the motion to accept the split, Mandrick supported the motion. Roll call vote. Antkoviak, yes – Dotski, yes, Mandrick yes, Ginop, No.
- Richard Buehler, Father of Clerk, Linda Ginop, passed away on June 2, 2005. Richard was on the Board of Review Board for over 20 years. Ginop reported that Wil Mandrick had asked George Bliss of Munro Lake if he would be interested in the Board of Review position. Mr. Bliss said yes. Ginop made the motion to appoint George Bliss to the Board of Review Board, supported by Mandrick. Motion carried.
Ginop made the motion to adjourn the meeting, supported by Mandrick. The meeting was adjourned at 8:25 p.m.
Linda N. Ginop
Munro Township Clerk