MUNRO TOWNSHIP BOARD MEETING
August 14, 2007
Munro Township Hall, 7:30 p.m.
PRESENT: Charles Antkoviak, Linda Ginop, Cheryl Dotski, Donald Tracey and Wilfred Mandrick.
OTHERS PRESENT: Walter Nows, Paul Nows, Jackie & Quinter Burnett, and Ed Ginop.
The meeting was called to order by Supervisor Antkoviak at 7:30 p.m. with the Pledge to the Flag.
AGENDA - Tracey made the motion to accept the agenda as presented, supported by Mandrick.
MINUTES - Mandrick made the motion to approve the minutes of the July 10, 2007 meeting, supported by Tracey. Motion carried. Mandrick made the motion to approve the special July 23, 2007 meeting minutes, supported by Tracey. Motion carried.
BILLS - Tracey made the motion to pay the July bills amounting to $4,050.07, supported by Dotski. Motion carried.
- U.S. Census wants all townships to help with the upcoming 2010 census count.
- There will be a public hearing on July 28, 2007 at the High School Auditorium regarding MTA's request to increase the Road Commissioner's membership to 5 members.
- Michigan Townships Assn. wrote to say that the joint defense of the liquefied petroleum pipeline valuation multiplier tables developed by the Michigan State Tax Commission challenged by Enbridge Energy lead case has been settled.
- Inverness and Beaugrand Townships propose to build a new fire hall on the present fire hall property on Woiderski Road. Being as four townships own the present property jointly, Inverness and Beaugrand will buy out Munro and Hebron Township's interest before building a new building. Hebron will donate their 5% interest for a lifetime membership; Munro will deduct their 15% interest from their yearly operating/equipment fees.
- Antkoviak has not heard from Cheboygan Lumber on replacement windows for the township hall. He will contact Straits Area Glass for a bid on windows.
The Cheboygan County Road Commission ditched parts of Silver Strand Road and brushed out 300 feet alongside the road.
Tracey made the motion, supported by Antkoviak to adjourn the meeting. The meeting was adjourned at 8:35 p.m.
Linda N. Ginop
Munro Township Clerk