MUNRO TOWNSHIP BOARD MEETING
October 9, 2007
Munro Township Hall, 7:30 p.m.
PRESENT: Antkoviak, Ginop, Dotski, Tracey & Mandrick
GUESTS: Ed Ginop, Tom & Rosemary Morris
The meeting was called to order by Supervisor Antkoviak at 7:30 p.m. with the Pledge to the Flag.
MINUTES – Motion by Tracey, supported by Dotski to accept the September 11, 2007 minutes as presented. Motion carried.
BILLS – Motion by Tracey, supported by Mandrick to pay the September bills amounting to $3,976.73. Motion carried.
- Tim MacArthur, attorney for Munro Township wrote a letter pertaining to the Cheboygan County Recycling Program.
- Cheboygan County Commission made a resolution stating they did not want to take over the duties of assessing, tax collecting and elections currently being done by the townships.
- Senator Jason Allen will hold a meeting at the Boathouse Restaurant on October 12, 2007 at 12:30 p.m.
- Cemetery lot was sold to Ernest Ostwald.
- The new windows for the hall will be installed in a couple of weeks. Ginop asked the board about the moldings for the windows. Mike’s County Wide Construction quote was to install the windows but no trim was included. The Board decided to go with the oak fluted molding and rosettes on four corners of each window, keeping with the old interior look.
- Cheboygan County Road Commission will now allow townships to hire private contractors to do road work.
OLD BUSINESS – None
WHINES GRIPES AND MOANS
- Tom and Rosemary Morris of Silver Strand Road wanted to know about a problem with water /ice standing at the entrance to their driveway located on Silver Strand Road, Charles Antkoviak said he would talk to Foreman Bob Lake and correct the problem.
Mandrick made the motion to adjourn the meeting, supported by Tracey. The meeting was adjourned at 8:35 p.m.
Linda N. Ginop
Munro Township Clerk