MUNRO TOWNSHIP BOARD MEETING
November 13, 2007
Munro Township Fire Hall, 7:30 p.m.
PRESENT: Antkoviak, Ginop, Dotski, Tracey, Mandrick.
OTHERS PRESENT: Paul Nows, Ed Ginop, George Bliss & Mike Charboneau
The meeting was called to order by Supervisor Antkoviak at 7:30 p.m. at the Fire Station located on Levering Road. Pledge to the flag was recited.
AGENDA – Motion by Tracey, supported by Ginop to approve the agenda as presented.
MINUTES – Motion by Tracey, supported by Mandrick to approve the October 9, 2007 meeting minutes as presented. Motion carried.
BILLS – Motion by Tracey, supported by Dotski to pay the October bills amounting to $18,276.03.
- Letter received from Jerry & Lisa Atherholt, they had suggestions on road work to be done by the Cheboygan County Road Commission. They also suggested that the township hire a local contractor to do some of the work.
- The Little Traverse Conservancy purchased 40 acres from Charles and Jennifer Antkoviak.
- Cheboygan County Road Commission asked if Munro Township would like to purchase gravel for next year. The matching and unmatched funds from the County must be used up or the funds will be lost. The Township would have to pay a balance of $5,028.56 for 3,496 cubic yards of gravel. Ginop said the money could be taken out of the Metro Fund which is used for only roads.
- New Windows were installed at the hall by Mike Charboneau. Mike will paint the moldings when the moldings come in from Northern Michigan Hardwoods. Ginop suggested Bernie Schramm to paint the interior windows.
- Tim MacArthur, attorney for Munro Township, had a draft prepared for the Inter-Local Buy Out Agreement for the Inverness Fire Hall property located on Woiderski Road. Ginop made the motion to approve the proposed draft, supported by Tracey. All favored saying “Aye”. Motion carried. Tim will send out a final copy of the agreement with a separate page for each township to sign and return.
- Cemetery lots (2) sold to Katherine Kramer.
- Ginop set up an account at Cheboygan Lumber Co., the township saved sales tax on the windows instead of going through Mike Charbonneau’s account.
- Dotski reported that Pellston Area Schools wants to collect Summer Tax, 50% for 2008, 100% for 2009.
- Antkoviak stated that there will be a December Board of Review.
MOANS, WHINES AND GRIPES – None. Paul Nows said he’d wait till later for his gripes.
Motion by Ginop, supported by Tracey to adjourn the meeting. The meeting was adjourned at 8:10 p.m.
Linda N. Ginop
Munro Township Clerk