Munro Township Board Meeting
February 12, 2008
Munro Township Fire Hall, 7:30 p.m.
PRESENT: Antkoviak, Ginop, Dotski, Tracey, Mandrick.
OTHERS PRESENT: Paul Nows, Walter Nows, George Bliss, Ed Ginop, Keith Ginop, Clay Ginop and Neil Hill.
The meeting was called to order by Supervisor Antkoviak at the fire station at 7:30 p.m. The pledge to the flag was recited.
MINUTES – The meeting minutes of January 8, 2008 was approved by Wil Mandrick, supported by Donald Tracey. Motion carried.
Donald Tracey made a motion to pay the January bills amounting to $5,808.52, supported by Cheryl Dotski. Motion carried.
- Cheb. County Road Commission meeting will meet with Townships on February 13, 2008 at 1:30 p.m.
- Michigan Chloride is the largest supplier on dust control.
- MTA Tax Tribunal on the Enbridge decision.
- NEMCOG – county trails
- Townships must adopt a poverty exemption policy.
- U.S. Census Bureau – The Township decided not to review the addresses of the township. Antkoviak reported he just checked every house address for the Cheboygan County Recycling Program so there is no need to do it again.
- Ginop will prepare the proposed 2008-2009 budget for the next meeting for review.
- Dates of March Board of Review will be:
Organizational Meeting, Tuesday, March 4, 2008 at 7:00 p.m. at home of Charles Antkoviak, 10606 N. Extension Road.
Monday, March 10, 2008 3:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at the fire hall, 8872 Levering Road.
Tuesday, March 11, 2008 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the fire hall, 8872 Levering Road
- Firemen, Keith Ginop, Clay Ginop and Neil Hill just completed and passed their First Responder Class for the Inverness Fire Department. These men can assist and apply first aid to anyone in need before an ambulance arrives. They asked if Munro Township would be willing to purchase a defibulator for the fire station on the Levering Road, the cost for a Zoll CPR is $1395.00, the Cheboygan County Life Support team has recommended this model. Ginop said she will be working on the budget so now would be a good time to prepare for this item. Mandrick made the motion to purchase the Zoll defibulator, supported by Tracey. Motion carried. It was suggested that maybe the defibulator could be paid for with a grant from PIE & G, or maybe Hebron Township would share the cost.
Tracey made the motion to adjourn the meeting, supported by Mandrick. The meeting was adjourned at 8:35 p.m.
Linda N. Ginop
Munro Township Clerk