Munro Township Board Meeting
May 13, 2008
Munro Township Hall, 7:30 p.m
PRESENT: Antkoviak, Ginop, Tracey & Mandrick ABSENT: Dotski
OTHERS PRESENT: Keith & Patricia Sipperley, Jackie Burnett, Walter Nows and Paul Nows.
The meeting was called to order by Supervisor Antkoviak at 7:30 p.m. at the Munro Township Hall.
Pledge to the flag was recited.
MINUTES – D. Tracey made the motion to accept the minutes of the April 8, 2008 meeting, supported by W. Mandrick. Motion carried.
BILLS – A motion by D. Tracey, supported by W. Mandrick to pay the April bills amounting to $21,417.37. Motion carried.
- Cheboygan Life Support is asking for 0.25 mill for operating. Ginop reported that at the last MTA meeting, the townships would want Cheboygan County to continue their allocation of supporting the ambulance service. The county wants to spread the millage on the townships and discontinue their share of the allocation. Ginop asked the board's approval to write a letter to the Cheboygan County Board of Commissioners and ask that they continue to support Cheboygan Life Support. If there needs to be more millage, than spread a less amount of millage on the townships. The townships should not have to pay the full amount, while the county pays nothing. The board approved to write the letter, each board member signing the letter.
- D. Tracey made a motion to accept Charlie Buehler's contract to cut the grass at the hall and cemetery for $2,400.00. W. Mandrick supported the motion. Motion carried.
- The Cheboygan County Humane Society thanked Munro Township for their $250.00 donation.
- Dan Nieland sent a letter stating that he'd start the township audit at the end of June. cost for the audit will be $3,570.00.
- Cheboygan County Road Commission asked the Cheboygan County Board of Commissioners for a 1 mill request for maintenance. The county turned them down for the time being as some townships already have a road millage.
- Ginop reported that she received three bids for new oak double doors: Home Depot $579.20; Cheboygan Lumber $478.95;
Northern Michigan Hardwoods $465.65 + $50.00 delivery fee; W. Mandrick made the motion to accept Cheboygan Lumber's bid, supported by Ginop. Motion carried. W. Mandrick made the motion to have Northern Michigan Hardwoods refinish the floor, replace the stairway steps and furnish the oak trim at a cost of $5,373.98. Ginop supported the motion. Motion carried.
- W. Mandrick made the motion to have Mike's County Wide Construction spray Paint the ceiling, repair the women's bathroom ceiling, stain, finish and hang the molding, and paint the walls for $2,650.00. D. Tracey supported the motion. Motion carried.
The residents, who were present at the meeting, looked at paint colors for the walls. It was dark outside and the lighting was very dim so it was decided to choose a paint color during daylight. Paul Nows will look for a lighting catalog to replace the old light fixtures.
Paul Nows reported that the Cheboygan County Road Commission did a great job of graveling and putting down red clay on Silver Strand Road.
Ginop made the motion to adjourn the meeting, supported by W. Mandrick. The meeting was adjourned at 9:10 p.m.
Linda N. Ginop
Munro Township Clerk